Friday, July 24, 2009

A look into my future efforts to have a baby....

I will never be one of those people that can get knocked up with a little luck and just plain ol sex. I will never be accidentally pregnant.
My pregnancy will be very timed and very expensive.
There will be lots of doctors visit and drugs.
Drugs to calm my ovaries, drugs to make them super ovulate, drugs to thicken the home for my hopeful, future child.
There will be nothing natural or accidental or old fashioned about conception.
There will be lots of planning, lots of scheduling and lots of one on one time with Dr. Knockmeup.
Injection training wont be in my future but not because I wont be getting them but because my other half can do that.
My refrigerator will hold all the usual things plus the meds as they must be kept cold.
Good by caffeine, alcohol and exercise because this is just so expensive that nothing can upset the delicate balance of my body
Hello to hormones on high alert, weight gain just because and tears without reason.

As I told my mother the other day, we have already spent the other kids college fund before they get to college so why not spend this future one's? I am sure Dr. Knockmeup and his staff need a new painting in the waiting room or a boat or something.

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Dr. Knockmeup. He is very caring, takes his time and is so helpful. It really makes it just a bit easier to write out that check.

Anyway, today is a bad day for wishing, wanting but not able to start down that road just yet.

1 comment:

jeanie said...

Lots of hugs to you darl. I wish I could send you a huge helping of whatever you need to get your dream.