Wednesday, August 26, 2009

IVF Meds! Yikes!!

We are starting on week 2 of BCP. Today, I got a call from the pharmacy and about fell over with the cost of the medications. For people that do not have insurance to cover the cost of fertility medications, it is expensive! I spent a portion of today going over the list and checking to see where else I could get them filled. I was able to save about 50% by having them called in at various places. It is amazing to me that the cost of medications can vary so much!

I have also been looking at dates. ER is currently set for my Grandmothers birthday and if we do conceive on that date, then the baby will be due on our anniversary! It just seems like the timing would be so perfect. I vacilate between being so excited and then so scared. I am excited at the chance to be pregnant with our child but so scared that it wont take, that we will have wasted all that money or that we will get a BFP and then loose the baby. It is such a wave of emotions and they come and go.

I am so scared. We have so much riding on this and we are in the best hands, really. Dr. Knockmeup has the greatest success rates and the lab is great too. I am sure that we are in the best hands! As my nurse K, says, YOU will get pregnant! The power of positive thinking. I have to talk with my boss about needing days off. I can only hope that they are in different weeks so that I can take less PTO. But, I will do whatever I have to do. I have been taking my vitamins regularly and not drinking cokes! I miss them but know that the water is better for me. I really need to start walking again. Whether we get pregnant or not, walking will really help me!

My appointments are set up and ready to go. J and I have to make some decisions on what to do with the leftovers, if there are any. We have to sign consents three times! Yikes. I am sure that it will all be okay. I just wish that the packet would come in the mail so that we can get all the consents to review.

On to other non IVF news, J is switching jobs! He is going from nights to days and to part time! YEAH! I am so excited!! We expected him to go to days next summer now it is here early. YEAH!!! Sorry,I am just a bit excited.

T is doing good in school so far. Still having to remind him but oh, well.

Well, I am off to bed. Good night!

No comments: